Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 5 (Sidney, NE to Minden, NE)

Cabela's Campground, Sidney, NE

We woke up to a beautiful mid-west morning.  It was humid and warm but lovely.   I took a walk and saw some birds and an adorable little bunny!  I then came back to wake up my family so we could go have breakfast with Harry and Sandy and then head over to Cabela's for a little shopping!
P1230395

\P1230395

About an hour away from Cabela's, we picked up Eric at the airport.  He couldn't drive his FMC out so he flew in.  He's a great guy -- he even brought us a part for our air conditioner!  I'm telling you, FMC people are the best!!!

P1230435

This is a HUGE arch that crosses I-80 shortly before we turn off to go to Minden.  It was most impressive.  Since we were in a hurry, we didn't stop to figure out WHY they built an arch over I-80!

We pulled into the campground in Minden, NE.  It's part of an attraction called Pioneer Village.  My first impression is that this place has seen better days.  Still, we have power and shade and the people are wonderful!  Lots of kids -- ours have been running wild with them.  Lots of good conversation.  We got set up and sat down with a cold beer and felt so much better!  We've arrived and we're staying put for a few days!  Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great pics, cute bunny. And fireflies...sigh...miss those so much.

    ReplyDelete